UConn Technology Incubation Program (TIP)- Storrs
Approximately 3,250 square feet of brand new, purpose-built space that has been committed to the Technology Incubation Program (TIP) in the new Advanced Technology Laboratory building.
What's the value to me?
If you are looking for an incubation program at UConn's Storrs campus.
Description & Overview
Storrs is the main University of Connecticut campus and houses approximately 3,250 square feet of brand new, purpose-built space that has been committed to the Technology Incubation Program (TIP) in the new Advanced Technology Laboratory building.
- Each workspace has approximately 500 square feet for the lab and 100 square feet for the adjoining office. ($20 per square foot annually, with a $2 increase per square foot per year. Heat and electrical included.)
- Chemical fume hood, two sinks with emergency eye wash and a shared cold room.
- Hot, cold and DI water, gas, vacuum and compressed air.
- Multiple power outlets including 110 and 220V (accommodating single-phase or three-phase equipment up to 208 max). Phone and IT jacks provided as well as redundant power.
- Benches, shelves, cabinets and windows in the lab space. Desk, bookshelves and windows in the office. There is a large equipment area in the lab and an additional shared room for large equipment.
- Environmental health and safety services including waste removal
- Online and physical access to the UConn libraries
- Access to other equipment in faculty labs can be arranged
- Use of Bioservices and other service centers available for reasonable fees
- Use of conference rooms, fax and copier (teleconferencing capacity)
In order to be admitted to into the UCONN TIP program
- Companies should be technology-based.
- Preference will be given to applicant companies that have a current or historical technology linkage to the university.
- Candidates demonstrating other affiliations offering the potential for a mutually beneficial relationship with the university will also be considered.
- Must have business plan.
- Have strong potential for capitalization within a three year period.