UConn Technology Incubation Program (TIP)- Avery Point
The UConn regional campus at Avery Point, Groton has 2,000 square feet of lab space and 1,000 square feet of office space available for lease by start-up companies accepted into UConn’s Technology Incubation Program (TIP).
What's the value to me?
If you are a technology-based company looking for an incubator.
Description & Overview
The University of Connecticut regional campus at Avery Point, Groton renovated 2,000 square feet of lab space consisting of one biology lab and four chemistry labs, plus another 1,000 square feet of office space, which will be available for lease by start-up companies accepted into UConn’s Technology Incubation Program (TIP).
- Size of each lab varies and ranges from 116 square feet to 468 square feet. ($12 per square foot annually, with a $2 increase per square foot per year for older labs and $20 per square foot annually, with a $2 increase per square foot per year for the newly-renovated lab space. Heat and electrical included.)
- Some labs are wet labs equipped with a chemical fume hood and sinks. Others have no hoods.
- Rooms able to be used for dry labs and/or offices.
- Hot and cold water, gas, DI water, vacuum and compressed air. Multiple power outlets including 110 and 220V. Phone and IT jacks provided at a minimum of one per room.
- Some rooms are furnished with benches, shelves and cabinets. There is a window in every lab.
- Environmental health and safety services including waste removal
- Online and physical access to the UConn libraries
- Access to other equipment in faculty labs can be arranged
- Use of Bioservices and other service centers available for reasonable fees
- TIP business support
In order to be admitted to into the UCONN TIP program
- Companies should be technology-based.
- Preference will be given to applicant companies that have a current or historical technology linkage to the university.
- Candidates demonstrating other affiliations offering the potential for a mutually beneficial relationship with the university will also be considered.
- Must have business plan.
- Have strong potential for capitalization within a three year period.