Small Business Energy Advantage
Cost-effective, turnkey energy-saving services for small commercial and industrial customers who do not have the time, financial resources, or in-house expertise necessary to analyze and reduce their energy usage.
What's the value to me?
If you are looking for energy saving services
Description & Overview
The Small Business Energy Advantage (SBEA) program is designed to provide cost-effective, turnkey energy-saving services for small commercial and industrial customers who do not have the time, financial resources, or in-house expertise necessary to analyze and reduce their energy usage.
- Energy-Efficient Lighting
- High-performance fluorescent lighting
- Induction and LED lighting technology
- Occupancy sensors
- Energy-Efficient Heating/Ventilation/Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Equipment upgrades
- Programmable thermostats
- Energy-Efficient Refrigeration
- Anti-condensation door heater controls
- Evaporator fan controls
- Open case night covers
- Electronically commutated motors
- Air compressors
- Variable frequency drives
- Premium-efficiency motors
- The contractor will conduct an energy assessment of your facility at no cost to you. This assessment will be reviewed by CL&P and if accepted, the contractor will present a proposal to you.
- The comprehensive proposal will include all possible energy-efficiency measures, the complete costs and estimated energy savings, along with available SBEA program incentives and your financing options.
- Once the paper work has been signed, your project will begin within 30 days. You have the option to pay nothing up front. The Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund’s SBEA program incentives will offset a portion of the cost of the eligible measures.
- Interest-free financing for the balance of the project is available for qualified customers. The financed amount will appear on your monthly electric bill, allowing you to make just one monthly payment for both your SBEA loan and your electric bill. Loan limits are from a minimum of $500 to a maximum of $100,000.
Commercial and industrial customers with an average 12-month peak demand between 10 kilowatts (kW) and up to 200 kW.