A venture capital partnership with a focus on energy-efficient tech companies.
What's the value to me?
If you are an energy-efficient tech company looking for $1M to $4M in initial investments.
Description & Overview
A venture capital partnership with offices in New York, Durham and San Francisco. It is focused on resource efficiency and sustainability and technology-enhanced services.
Main target for investments
- Asset recovery including reuse and recycling
- Energy efficiency, demand reduction, building automation, and smart grid technologies
- Technologies addressing the aging infrastructure of electricity, water and waste
- Sustainable agriculture and food safety
- Distributed and Clean energy – solar, wind, geothermal, CNG & LNG
- Water and waste water technologies and services
- Supply chain efficiency
- Technology-enhanced business services
- Education IT
- Healthcare IT
- Digital media and marketing services
- Companies with strong customer validation, typically generating more than $2 million in annual revenue.
- $1 MM to $4MM initially, with up to $7 million per portfolio company. SJF will lead or participate in syndicate rounds with limited partners and co-investors for larger financings up to $10MM.
- Businesses that require less than $15 million over the life of the company in order to reach profitability and rapid sales.