DECD Export Assistance
Programs and services to assist Connecticut companies explore overseas markets and international business opportunities.
What's the value to me?
If you are looking for assistance in exploring overseas markets.
Description & Overview
The Department of Economic and Community Development provides a variety of programs and services to assist Connecticut companies explore overseas markets and international business opportunities.
- DECD works with the U.S. Department of Commerce Middletown Export Assistance Center to provide personalized and confidential advice to assess your company's export potential and assist in developing and expanding your export program.
- Export Seminars: DECD organizes and co-sponsors with other organizations introductory and advanced international seminars around the state. These seminars provide businesses with comprehensive information on exporting, as well as valuable contacts.
- Trade Shows: DECD targets specific international trade shows and recruits company participants from Connecticut. In addition, provides marketing assistance to each participant and assists with the logistics of the exhibit.
- Trade Missions: Tailor-made overseas trade missions designed to "match" Connecticut participants with appropriate foreign business contacts are organized and conducted by the staff. Participants receive in-country market briefings and customized appointments.
- International Trade Data: The Department has access to a variety of data sources, including detailed export statistics.
- STEP Grant: The Department has federal grant funding available to assist eligible small businesses with participation in regional and industry focused export opportunities and international business development opportunities. DECD works with federal and in-state partner organizations to identify and coordinate CT STEP - approved events with the goal of showcasing the strengths of key Connecticut markets, and expanding the global footprint of the state and its participating companies.