CTech@UConn Technology Incubation Program (TIP)- Farmington
In collaboration with the UConn Technology Incubation Program (TIP), CTech is providing incubation opportunities to businesses that meet certain criteria.
What's the value to me?
If you are a looking for an incubator that is jointly connected to Connecticut Innovations and UConn
Description & Overview
In collaboration with the UConn Technology Incubation Program (TIP), CTech is providing incubation opportunities to businesses that:
Are developed around technologies or intellectual property developed by UConn faculty, staff or students
Collaborate with UConn
Meet Connecticut Innovations’ (CI) investment profile, and
Are of joint interest to UConn and CI.
- Wet laboratory space ranging in size from 200 sq. ft. to 1000 sq. ft. (Leased at a rate of $20 per square foot annually, with a $2 increase per square foot per year. Heat and electrical is included in the price.)
- Office space
- Shared equipment including autoclaves, cold rooms, glass washer and cytometer system with high throughput screening capabilities
- Utilities including hot, cold and DI water, gas, vacuum and compressed air; multiple power outlets including 110 and 220V; phone and IT jacks; and redundant power
- Rooms equipped with benches, shelves, cabinets and sink with emergency eye washer.
- Environmental health and safety services including waste removal
- Online and physical access to the UCONN libraries
- Access to other specialized equipment in faculty labs can be arranged
- Use of Bioservices and other service centers available for reasonable fees
- Conference rooms, fax and copier (teleconferencing capacity)
- Animal facilities based on space available and faculty collaboration.
- Priority given to UConn start ups and CI portfolio companies, including its pre-seed clients.
- UConn and CI will jointly screen incubator applicants.