Connecticut Economic Development Fund
Access to capital, technical assistance to small businesses and support for community economic development.
What's the value to me?
If you are starting a company in Connecticut and are looking for loans up to $250,000.
Description & Overview
CEDF was created in 1994 to revitalize Connecticut’s distressed neighborhoods by providing greater access to capital, technical assistance to small businesses and support for community economic development.
- Loans and technical assistance to small businesses and nonprofits in the state; loans from $5,000 to $250,000. (Standard Loan, SBA/Microloans, Grow Your Business Loan)
- Small business skills workshops throughout the state.Resource information is available to assist with the business plan.
- All applicants are required to have a business plan.
- Project must benefit the community, such as increasing the economic base, creating jobs, providing a needed service or by being part of a community strategic plan.
- The business is located in one of the 56 targeted or preferred communities or income of owner(s) is less than statewide median income.